But did you know that Sweden forms a trio with the two countries which it follows? Together with France, which held the Presidency in the first half of 2022, and the Czechia, which held the Presidency in the second half of 2022, Sweden has developed a programme setting out common priorities for the three Presidencies.
The trio's programme covers a longer period, as it lasts 18 months, from 1 January 2022 to 30 June 2023.
France, Czechia and Sweden have identified four priority areas:
- Protecting citizens and freedoms
- Developing our economic base and the European model for the future
- Building a climate-neutral, green, fair and social Europe
- Promoting Europe’s interests and values in the world
To find out more about the Swedish presidency of the EU, its priorities, planned cultural events, and how its logo was chosen,click here
- Publication date
- 10 January 2023
- Directorate-General for Communication